A one-day training event for professionals working with children and young people in care. This event is co-designed and delivered with care-experienced young people and explores how to effectively engage and build relationships with children and young people in care.
Overall aim and outcomes
By the end of the session participants will understand the needs and behaviours of looked-after children and young people and be able to use communication tools and practical techniques to engage and build effective relationships.
Through this training participants will learn about:
- the experiences and needs of children and young people from care
- challenges and barriers to engagement
- managing challenging behaviour
- communication models including transactional analysis and NLP
- a range of practical tools, tips, and techniques for engaging young people
Who is this aimed at?
Professionals who work directly with young people, for example social workers, personal advisors, job coaches, teachers, and public service staff. This training can also be adapted for foster carers.
Our training is delivered at your premises or site, with content and materials adapted to meet the needs of the group.
To find out more or arrange a training date, please contact Helen at Helen.Sweet@becomecharity.org.uk or call her on 020 7017 8902.