A half-day event for young people who are preparing to leave care. This event is co-designed and delivered with care leavers and provides young people with all they need to know to help them prepare for their transition to independence.
Overall aim and outcomes
This event is designed to provide information, advice and guidance to young people, to better prepare them for leaving care and enable them to make a smooth transition to independence.
Through this training young people will learn about:
- rights and entitlements when leaving care
- what to expect when leaving care; what they need to know and the tools they’ll need
- how to manage emotions and build support networks
- goal setting and thinking about the future
- how and where to access practical support
Who is this aimed at?
Young people within local authorities who are preparing to leave care.
Our training is usually delivered at your premises or site. Alternatively, we can arrange a session with a small group in our training room and premises in Islington.
To find out more or arrange a training date, please contact Helen at Helen.Sweet@becomecharity.org.uk or call her on 020 7017 8902.