A half-day training event for professionals who work directly with children and young people in care. This event is co-designed and delivered with care-experienced young people and explores the various transition phases through care and how to manage them effectively.
Overall aim and outcomes
By the end of this session participants will identify the challenges that young people face during transition periods, and be equipped with knowledge and tools to be able to support children and young people effectively at these times.
Through this training participants will learn about:
- reflection on own transitions and emotions
- fear and isolation; transition stages in care
- the emotional and practical challenges young people face
- keeping young people at the centre of transition
- methods and ideas for supporting young people effectively through transitions
Who is this aimed at?
This training is suitable for social workers, personal advisors, job coaches, teachers, foster carers, public service staff and others who may be involved in supporting young people through transition stages in care.
Our training is delivered at your premises or site, with content and materials adapted to meet the needs of the group.
To find out more or arrange a training date, please contact Helen at Helen.Sweet@becomecharity.org.uk or call her on 020 7017 8902.