For 25 years we have been the leading charity for children in care and young care leavers in England. Find out more here.

A counsellor or mentor

This is usually an adult (who isn't a teacher) who comes in once a week to chat to you about how you're getting on and helps you with any problems. You don't have to have a counsellor, but they should be available if you want one. They can be very useful if you're finding things a little tough to deal with.