For 25 years we have been the leading charity for children in care and young care leavers in England. Find out more here.

Designated Teacher

All primary and secondary schools that get their money from government have a designated teacher.

They should know about your PEP, what stuff you might be going through at home and should have good links with children's services and charities that work with young people in care. They're also likely to know how you can get involved with different activities and how to get your hands on any grants and extra support your classmates won't have access to.