For 25 years we have been the leading charity for children in care and young care leavers in England. Find out more here.

Personal Education Plan (PEP)

Your PEP is where you set out a plan of action and targets you'd like to achieve. It gets reviewed twice a year, so your school and social worker know you're getting the help you need and that everything is going okay.

When it's being reviewed, get involved. Speak up if you're finding stuff hard and think some extra help would be useful. Both your social worker and your designated teacher will do all they can to make things go more smoothly for you. They'll speak with your teachers and put things in place to help.