Children in care and care leavers recovery plan (2020) Together with a group of other children's charities, Become produced a recovery plan for children in care and care leavers to ensure all care-experienced young people are supported following the Covid-19 pandemic. Download the PDF
As part of the sector-wide campaign to put #ChildrenAtTheHeart of recovery, this plan forms part of a collection of collaborative briefings put together by children's charities and other organisations.
The plan recommends that government:
- protect the rights and entitlements of care-experienced young people.
- ensure care-experienced young people can access education.
- support mental health and wellbeing of care-experienced young people.
- be ambitious for, and supportive of, the needs of care leavers.
- put children's interests, wishes and experiences at the heart of the Care Review.