Who is this for?
Anyone who works with care-experienced young people on a regular basis e.g.
- Social Workers
- Personal Advisors
- Foster Carers
- Residential Workers
- Key Workers
- Youth workers
- Designated Teachers
- Pastoral Leads in Schools/Colleges/Universities
- Student Services Staff
- Job Coaches
- Public Services Staff
What’s it about?
This event has been co-designed with care-experienced young people and explores how to effectively engage and build relationships with children and young people in care. By the end of the session participants will understand the needs and behaviours of care experienced young people and be able to use communication tools and practical techniques to engage and build effective relationships.
Course participants will learn about:
- the experiences and needs of children and young people from care
- challenges and barriers to engagement
- managing challenging behaviour
- communication models
- a range of practical tools, tips, and techniques for engaging young people
How long is the course?
6 Guided Learning Hours / Full day
How much does it cost?
Group booking £995 + VAT
To find out more or arrange a training date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Training Team on 07498 774914.