Who is this for?
Carers and professionals who are in roles that support for children and young people in care e.g.
- Foster Carers
- Third Sector Workers
- YOT Workers
- Immigration Advisors
- Student Services Staff
- Welfare Officers
- Independent Visitors
What’s it about?
In order to advocate for care experienced young people, it’s important for the adults working on their behalf to understand the complexities of their entitlements. By the end of this session participants will be fully informed on the various support that children in care and care leavers are entitled to.
Course participants will learn about:
- the difference between statutory and local entitlements
- the role of the authority and what to expect from other agencies, e.g. schools and NHS
- the importance of planning early for leaving care and the role of the pathway plan
- supporting children and young people to advocate for themselves
- what to do when no one is listening
How long is the course?
6 Guided Learning Hours / Full day
How much does it cost?
Group booking £995 + VAT
To find out more or arrange a training date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Training Team on 07498 774914.