Your browser is no longer supported. Please
upgrade your browser
to improve your experience.
Opportunities in November
Get involved with paid opportunities with Become and other organisations
Welcome to our new monthly blog post packed FULL of opportunities in and outside of Become for YOU to get involved in.
Some opportunities are creative, some help change the system, and some can help you develop your skills. We think all are worthwhile. The choice is up to you.
Want to be the first to receive this news straight to your inbox?
Simply sign up for our Become the Movement newsletter!
Want us to promote your opportunity for care-experienced young people?
Great – send us an email and we’ll consider it against our participation guidelines.
Produce and star in a Become photoshoot
We are looking for care-experienced young people (up to age 27) to help us produce and star in an exciting new photoshoot.
Interested in media opportunities?
Want to gain spokesperson experience in the media? Our brilliant Press & Media Officer Suzy will help build your confidence & suggest media opportunities that may be right for you.
We love sharing opportunities from across the sector – here are this month’s…
Free training: theatre-industry
- Care to Culture and Arts Council England are looking for a keen interest in some aspect of the theatre sector (e.g. acting, directing, dance, stage management, producing, designing).
- Read more & apply here.
(UPDATE: Role has been filled) Paid: research
- A Trainee Clinical Psychologist studying at the University of Hertfordshire is researching lived-experiences of young people currently living in children’s homes.
- Paid £20/per hour.
Event: Houses of Parliament
- Want to know the importance of your voice and the different avenues you can take to engage with Parliament.
- 30 November 2023, 6pm-7:15pm at the Houses of Parliament.
- To RSVP, please send an email to Adeola, Programme Officer, at [email protected] by 17 November.
Free workshop: on energy Thursday 23 November, 5pm – 6pm
- National House Project are delivering an online energy awareness workshop aimed at 16 – 25-year-olds.
- The workshop will be delivered by care-experienced young people who have been trained in Energy Awareness and is open to all young people.
- The workshop will cover: Safe home temperatures, heat loss in homes, draughtproofing, condensation dampness and mould, meters and bills, and energy saving tips.
- Email [email protected] if you are interested.
Leave a reply